David Martin Place (DMP) is a youth drug & alcohol residential detoxification progam. If you or someone you know would like to enter this program, please read this page carefully.
Unfortunately, there are limited places for young people at DMP. This means DMP will only accept applications from young people who meet the below criteria. The young person must:
1) Be aged between 16 and 24 | young people can’t enter before their 16th birthday and must complete the program before their 25th birthday
2) Have problematic drug and alcohol use | of a problematic nature that requires withdrawal support
3) Demonstrate commitment to undertake the program, as assessed at interview | DMP is voluntary – students cannot be forced to attend or participate
4) Must be an Australian resident | must be an Australian resident, currently residing in Australia
Young people may be referred from other service providers, through family or friends, or self-refer. Before commencing the program they must complete the intake process.
The Application Process
1) Confirm permission to proceed | If you are applying on behalf of a young person, you must discuss the application with them beforehand and have permission to proceed with the application
2) Review eligibility criteria | Do you meet the eligibility criteria?
If the young person is deemed eligible for the program, the Intake Coordinator will set up a face-to-face interview with staff members from DMP. An assessment panel will then decide if the young person will be offered a place at DMP.
You’ll get confirmation once the form has been received. If for any reason you do not hear back please call (02) 4860 7440.
Where a young person's assessment identifies a severe or complex withdrawal or possible medical complications, they will be referred to their local health district or GP for possible hospital admission prior to transfer to DMP.
Other Relevant Documentation
Please send through additional documentation to the DMP Intake Coordinator that might provide further information, such as court orders or psychological reports. Make sure all documents are clearly labelled with the applicant's name.
For enquiries about the application process or the DMP program, you can call us for more info on (02) 9219 2002
If you have already submitted an application and would like to check on its progress, phone Mission Australia's David Martin Place on (02) 4860 7440
David Martin Place
PO Box 3070
Robertson NSW 2577
David Martin Place is a smoke-free program