If you are aged 16 to 24 years old and are experiencing problematic substance use you can apply for the Triple Care Farm Withdrawal Program and Rehabilitation Program.
To apply, you need to:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete the Application Form, and
- contact Triple Care Farm to discuss your application.
Support workers referring a young person must submit additional documents including the Risk Assessment Form. See steps to refer a young person.
If you are eligible for the program, you will attend a face-to-face interview with staff from the program. A panel will then review your application and advise you on the best program options for you.
1. Meet the eligibility criteria
To apply for the Triple Care Farm program, you must:
- be aged between 16 and 24
Students can’t enter before their 16th birthday and must complete the program before their 25th birthday.
- be experiencing problematic drug and alcohol use
- be able to participate in all aspects of the program
- demonstrate commitment to undertake the program, as assessed at interview
The program is voluntary.
- be an Australian resident currently residing in Australia.
Triple Care Farm specialises in providing support to young people who are also experiencing mental illness; however, this is not a requirement of entry.
Triple Care Farm is accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards.
2. Complete the application form
If you are completing the application for yourself, complete the form to the best of your ability. You will need contact details, emergency contact details, family and background information, additional identification information (e.g. Medicare number) and medical/mental health conditions.
If you are applying on behalf of someone, you must discuss the application with them, and have their permission, before applying. If you are a support worker referring a young person, you also need to complete the Risk Assessment Form.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory. Note, as you click 'Next' through the sections, you may need to scroll back to the top of each page.
3. Contact the Intake Coordinator
Within two weeks of applying, you must contact the Triple Care Farm Intake Coordinator on (02) 4860 7403 (during business hours, Monday to Friday) to discuss your application.
How to refer a young person
If you are a support worker referring a young person, you need to complete and submit:
- the Triple Care Application Form (download the Word version or complete it online)
- the Triple Care Risk Assessment Form (Word doc)
If you are referring from FACS, Mental Health, Department of Juvenile Justice, Probation and Parole, Disability Support Service (or if the young person is supervised by these departments) you must also submit any:
- current comprehensive reports or court reports
- psychological reports completed during the last two years
- other relevant documentation.
Intake Coordinator, Triple Care Farm
PO Box 3070
Robertson NSW 2577
Your client must personally contact the Triple Care Farm Intake Coordinator within two weeks of your referral. If they are invited for an interview with program staff but are incarcerated, they will have to be able to apply for and be granted day bail to attend or the referral cannot progress.
Contact Triple Care Farm
For further information about the program, or to check the progress of your application, call Triple Care Farm on (02) 4885 1265.
Stay in touch
Sign up to our newsletter and continue to learn about youth issues and the impact of Sir David Martin Foundation’s funded programs.