Imagination and planning are key to successful fundraising! Here are a few tips on how you can get started on reaching your fundraising goal for this year's Abseil for Youth
1. Set up your fundraising page via GoFundraise.
2. Ensure you have a great message about why you are doing this challenge – come up with a creative name for your page/ team.
3. Share this page with EVERYONE! Remember to keep this page updated.
4. Communicate regularly with your networks via email and social media. Keep them engaged with frequent updates on your efforts. These can include photos, your weekly target achievements, facts about the cause and event, details of any fundraising activities you are doing.
5. Create an email signature with a link to your GoFundraise page, and make posters or flyers that you can put up around work, send to friends, distribute to your neighbours.
6. Encourage donations in lieu of Christmas or birthday gifts.
7. Involve your workplace– hold some fundraising activities at or around work—see if you can feature in your work's newsletter, website or social media channels.
8. Ask your employer to dollar match your efforts—that is matching each dollar you fundraise with an equivalent employer contribution.
10. Host fundraising events such as Movie nights, Trivia nights, BBQs, themed food days at the office, after work drinks, raffles, etc.
The fundraising possibilities are endless! Be creative, think outside the box, give yourself time and most importantly, have fun!