Sir David Martin Foundation’s Commitment
Sir David Martin Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. This includes ensuring that:
- Your personal information will not be passed on to other unrelated third parties; and
- Your personal information is securely stored, accurate and accessible for your review.
Why does Sir David Martin Foundation collect personal information?
Sir David Martin Foundation will only collect personal information about you that we need to provide our services. Uses of this information include:
- Correct billing for the services we provide;
- Establishing and maintaining donor relationships; Ensuring effectiveness and appropriateness of our services and to assist with research and development of new programs and services; and
- Meeting professional and legal requirements.
Sir David Martin Foundation will collect information directly from you, unless it is not practical or reasonable to do so, or you have consented to us obtaining the information from someone else.
Sir David Martin Foundation does not sell, loan or give away any information that we collect.
Sir David Martin Foundation occasionally uses mailing houses to communicate for the purposes listed in this statement and ensures that any third parties used comply with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
What personal information does The Sir David Martin Foundation collect?
The personal information that we may ask for will depend on the type of relationship you have with Sir David Martin Foundation, for example, whether you are a volunteer or donor. Examples of the types of information collected include:
- Your contact information such as name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Your financial details for payment and donations
- Specific information directly relating to a service we provide, (eg. Events attended).
How do we protect and store your information?
Sir David Martin Foundation takes all reasonable measures to securely store your personal information either in an electronic or physical form. Your information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases that require passwords and logins. This protects your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
All personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
Will your information be disclosed to others?
Sir David Martin Foundation does not disclose your personal information to any third party other than where it is professionally or legally required.
What happens if you refuse to provide the information requested?
You do not have to give us any of the information that we request from you, but all information helps us to provide better outcomes for those we are trying to help.
How do you request access to the personal information Sir David Martin Foundation holds about you?
You can request access to the personal information we have about you by writing, faxing or e-mailing us directly at the contact details listed.
For more information contact:
Sir David Martin Foundation
PO Box 3515
Sydney NSW 2001
T 02 9219 2002
F 02 9264 3517