Triple Care Farm
Triple Care Farm is the Foundation's major funding project situated on 100 acres of land near Robertson. The Farm provides an ideal environment of peace and healing for emotionally hurt and troubled young people aged 16 to 24 years.
The Sir David Martin Foundation is a non-profit organisation created in 1990 by the late Governor of NSW, Sir David Martin, who had a dream of "safety, hope and opportunity for all young Australians".
- Our Goal is to get more young people off the streets, away from unhealthy situations and into care and rehabilitation.
- Our Vision is to create an environment where young people can grow up in safety, with hope and opportunity.
- Our Mission is to fund effective programs that help young people in crisis regain their health, get off the streets and achieve their goals.
Our core values are:
- Respectful: We strive to be respectful to both our supporters and clients and always treat them with dignity. We value compassion, customer service and meeting the needs of people on an individual basis.
- Committed: We are committed and dedicated to the work we do. We remain devoted to our cause, no matter what challenges present. Our commitment mirrors the ceaseless effort of front line staff.
- Effective: We focus on being efficient as a fundraising organisation and funding effective programs that change lives. Our constantly measured programs have proven outcomes and follow best practice. We strive to operate in a sustainable manner.
- Honest: We seek to be honest at all times. We aim to act with integrity and to live out our values. We make every effort to be transparent and accountable in our dealings and recognise and appreciate the trust that donors place in us.
The Foundation is run by a small team of passionate staff and volunteers who raise money to support particular Mission Australia programs that deliver high levels of care and encouragement, allowing homeless and troubled young people to regain their health, develop a new sense of self-belief and turn their lives around.
The Sir David Martin Foundation currently supports the following four programs as well as a scholarship fund:
Triple Care Farm located in Robertson, provides rehabilitation for young people with complex needs including drug and alcohol problems, mental health issues and homelessness.
Creative Youth Initiative located in Surry Hills, is an innovative program that encourages marginalised young people to resolve issues through art and music.
South West Youth Services is a preventative and early intervention service that aims to prevent young people in South West Sydney from entering the ‘no home, no job’ cycle.
Shopfront Youth Legal Centre located in Darlinghurst, is an award-winning free legal service program for homeless and disadvantaged young people.
The Foundation also helps to support young people pursuing further education through the Sir David Martin Foundation Scholarship Fund.
- Did you know?
Almost half of all homeless youth said they are homeless because of trouble with parents or step-parents, often through abuse, blended families or death...